- GW&A is committed to protecting your privacy and recognizes its obligations to collect and process your Personal Information in accordance with the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013 (POPIA) when you make use of this website.
- By using our Website, you agree to GW&A, consultants, employees, agents and subcontractors, affiliates, and/or third parties to process (which will include collecting, using, and disclosing) your Personal Information for the purposes stated in this policy. If you do not agree with our processing activities described in this policy, please do not use the Website.
- We will not use your personal information for any purposes not mentioned in this policy without your consent.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
- Personal Information is information that identifies or could reasonably be associated with you.
- Information you provide to us:
- The Personal Information we collect and process may include, but is not limited to, the information (including metadata) submitted via our website contact forms, details submitted to register for any newsletter or subscription-based service, or contact details provided to us (such as Personal Information may include your name, identity or passport numbers, email address, physical address, telephone numbers, information relating to your occupation, gender, dietary requirements, etc).
- Please note that you are not obliged to provide any such Personal Information on the public areas of our Website. However, you may choose to do so by completing application forms of the various sections of our Website, including publications and newsletter subscriptions; seminars, and other events; and to contact our employees.
- We confirm we will only collect Personal Information that may reasonably be deemed necessary for the intended purpose of the collection.
- With each visit to our Website, we may also automatically collect and store certain information about you. This includes, but is not limited to, technical information, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address which is used to connect your computer to the Internet, operating system and browser type and platform for system administration; and information about your use of our Website including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you accessed. Such information includes traffic data, location data, and other communication data.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will only collect, use, disclose or otherwise process your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy in fulfillment of the requirements of POPIA.
- When you provide us with your personal information (in terms of clause 2 of this Policy), we will use your information to make contact with you, send you publications and newsletters which you have subscribed to receive, and generally communicate with you to provide the services as set out on our website.
- We will not retain your Personal Information for longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we collected it unless we are required to do so by any act, regulation, or a bylaw or by an order from a judicial or regulating body such as a court or tribunal.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may disclose your Personal Information to our third-party service providers, where necessary.
- We require that our service providers take appropriate, reasonable, technical, and organisational measures to keep your Personal Information secure.
- In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose Personal Information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information when such disclosure is necessary to protect the legitimate interests (safety, property, or other rights) of GW&A, our employees, consultants, or any other person, or where required or permitted by law; or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- There is a possibility that the Personal Information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the Republic of South Africa (for example, by a third-party data hosting service provider).
- Insofar as your information may be transferred outside of South Africa, we will take reasonable organisational and/or contractual measures to ensure that your personal information is processed by such third-party service providers for the purposes for which it has been provided to us and that the required levels of protection have been implemented by such third-party service providers to safeguard your Personal Information.
- You agree that once your Personal Information has been de-identified (i.e. we delete any information that identifies you) such de-identified information may be shared in the following circumstances:
- To our agents, advisers, service providers, and suppliers (this may include our CRM provider; search engine optimisation agency, creative, brand, digital and media agencies, Microsoft, Google and other research agents);
- To monitor web traffic: web servers serving the Website automatically collect information about you in relation to the Website pages you visit; and
- For statistics purposes: we may perform statistical analyses to measure interest in the various areas of the Website.
SAFEGUARDING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will take all appropriate, reasonable, technical, and organisational measures to safeguard your Personal Information to prevent loss of, damage to, or unauthorised destruction of your Personal Information or unlawful access to or processing of your Personal Information.
HOW TO ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and complete. We suggest that you regularly update your Personal Information.
- You can request access to any of your Personal Information that is held by us at any time and for any purpose, including to request that we correct your Personal Information if it is inaccurate or delete the Personal Information if we are no longer required to retain it by law or for a legitimate purpose.
- Requests to access Personal Information held on you in accordance with this Policy can be made to email@example.com.
First-party cookies / Session cookie – This cookie contains a randomly generated number and allows the browser to remember your selections. It expires when you close the browser and contains no personally identifiable information.
Third-party cookies / Google Analytics – These cookies are used to collect anonymous website statistics such as the number of visitors in a month, the average duration of visits, and popular pages viewed. This data is used to review and improve the site.
USE OF IP ADDRESSES
- We may also collect information that does not identify you personally through the Internet or analytic log files, and these records or data may include IP addresses, browser types, and other anonymous statistical data. This information may be used to analyze trends and to gather general demographic information. This information will not be linked to any information that is personally identifiable or attributable to you.
- If you have any questions regarding the processing of your Personal Information by GW&A in terms of this Policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Further, if you currently receive marketing information from us which you would prefer not to receive in the future please email us at email@example.com.